Tuesday 4 March 2008

The faceless internet

Have you noticed now people are more likely to make mean comments to other people on the internet? I've mostly noticed it on forums and message boards and I don't really find it surprising, I mean, the internet is full of people who like rubbing their own opinion and 'greater knowledge' in people's faces. But have you ever read some of the comments on the Network Norwich website!?
You would have thought people would conduct themselves a bit better but there we go.

Reading various comments around the site I can't help but think the majority are written by the older generation who have just discovered the internet and are hiding behind the fact they can not give away their identity.

I wonder if people would think a bit better about what they wrote if they had to give their actual names and have a profile picture?

ps

Thought it would be quite fitting I upload a profile picture.

No comments: