Sunday 21 October 2007

They get me *every* time

Films. Darn those things!
It seems whatever film I go and see, something leaps out grabs me by the face and stirs me somewhat.

As a child, did you ever leave the cinema thinking you were superman? I can clearly remember trying out my new found martial arts after watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Secret of the ooze. Feeling invincible I could perform flying kicks and other things I'm quite sure I couldn't pull off now. Nothing is changed. Part of me is waiting for this childishness to wear off, but the other part of me, well, its childish, so it likes it.

I used to laugh at my mum when I was younger for showing emotion when seeing things on Tv, but now its me. I never thought I would watch a children's film/cartoon and be brought to tears. I never thought I could be so inspired to be a better man until I watched 'The Pursuit of Happyness'. I never thought a Jim Carrey film ('Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless mind') could get in my head so much and reassure me that clearly, I'm not the only one who thinks like I do.

And so tonight, I saw 'Stardust' and for one night only, I was the loser turned hero who had met his one true love.

Silly, I feel silly even admitting to that.

2 comments:

sparkles said...

Ooo, I wanna see that - any good?

Dave said...

Yes! I really enjoyed it, go see it now!