Monday 21 January 2008

A forward and my response from september 2006

I was stressed at the weekend, stressed to the point of not being able to sleep and shaking with worry. I spent about an hour in the early hours of sunday morning with the lights off in the lounge trying not to think of anything only then to be called by a friend and was distracted until I fell asleep. OG on sunday chilled me out, it seemed like the first proper service since we moved, I got into the worship, people sat on the floor, people met with God. I'm sure this has happened already, I just haven't seen it. Sunday evening I played my guitar, rediscovered playing worship songs using chords online, I recieved peace. Teh Pete and I watched Fearless.
The email below? Well, I just found it in my outbox and thought I would share it it's good to be reminded of things.
From:
Sent: 04 September 2006 12:42
To:
Subject: RE: You are 1 of my 11

You know, I don't normally like forwards, but that was exactly what I needed to hear.
You may not know this, but I am actually a Christian (not by family pressure, but by choice I might add) and I've been thinking about what the future holds.
My (extended) probation finishes at the end of the month and I'm actually kinda clueless about what I'll do if I don't get the job here at Homeserve. I could potentially be going to uncharted waters (again) and its not a fun feeling.

That line "May you be content knowing you are a child of God. Let this presence settle into your bones" totally spoke to me. When I have children, (I mean, if I find someone insane enough to bless me with some), as they are growing up I won't let them out of my sight, I will make sure they know they are loved, safe and have everything they need to grow into the remarkable individuals they have the potential to be. I don't think for a moment this is all my own idea, if God made me to be like him, surely I get those thoughts from him. So, if I'm his child, and he thinks like I do, I can 'be content knowing I am a child of God. And I can let this presence settle into my bones', because I know that he is looking out for me and that it will be ok in the end.

Good stuff huh?!

Thanks


Dave

-----Original Message-----
From:

Sent: 04 September 2006 09:58
To:
Subject: FW: You are 1 of my 11


Hi - I am picking 11 people (who have touched my life) and who I think would want to receive this.

Please send it back to me (You'll see why).



In case anyone is not aware, Saint Theresa is known as the Saint of the Little Ways, meaning she believed in doing the little things in life well and with great love. She is also the patron Saint of flower growers and florists. She is represented by roses. May everyone who receives this message be blessed. Theresa's Prayer cannot be deleted.
REMEMBER to make a wish before you read the prayer. That's all you have to do. There is nothing attached. Just send this to eleven people and let me know what happens on the fourth day. Sorry you have to forward the message, but try not to break this, please. Prayer is one of the best free gifts we receive.


Saint Theresa's prayer:


May today there be peace within. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be. May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith. May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you. May you be content knowing you are a child of God. Let this presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. It is there for each and every one of us.

No comments: