Monday 7 April 2008

I freakin' love this band!

Fo shizzel, if you're reading this through the RSS feed you're missing out (although, I imagine some drummers would disagree).

Anyway, the track "and shot each other" is soo intense, love the bit from 41 to 48 seconds and the ending especially is just cool. Go on, have a listen, fast forward it to 1 minute 67 seconds (yeah, I didn't think it made any sense either) and listen through to the end. They've sampled a hymn called 'The Full Assurance of Hope' which is found in Hymns if the Church Militant By Ann Bartlett Warner (1859).

"How happy is every child of grace, who feels his sins forgiven.
This world, he cries, is not my place. I seek a place in heaven.
A country far from mortal sight, yet oh, by faith I see!
The land of rest, the saint's delight, a heaven prepared for me.
Oh, what a blessed hope is ours while here on earth we stay.
We more than taste the heavenly powers and antedate that day.
We feel the resurrection near.
Our life in Christ concealed and with his glorious presence here our earthen vessels filled."
Link <- (I really wanted to give John Breeze a call about 'Google Books', he would have loved it.)

Gotta love The Chariot.

Oh yeah, regarding 'The Church Militant'.

No comments: